About the Role
We are currently recruiting for a Travel Consultant to join our Bodmin team. We’re looking for a talented salesperson with previous Travel sales and customer service experience.
You’ll be responsible for advising customers with their travel plans, whether that be flights, rail inclusive holidays, package holidays or staycations, as well as helping them with any ancillary services that will ensure they have the best possible experience. Your main focus will be delivering outstanding customer service, helping to grow business in your local area, and being the best advocate of Newell’s Travel.
- Selling all aspects of travel, face to face, via telephone, email or video conferencing
- Achieving individual sales targets and contributing to your store achieving its’ targets
- Maximising every sales opportunity through excellent customer service and offering ancillary products
- Booking package holidays and offering dynamically packaged holidays and cruises, using our in house systems
- Booking tailor made travel itineraries to suit your customers’ needs
- Delivering the highest standard of service at all times to exceed customers’ expectations
- Offering advice, guidance and suggestions to customers, using your experience and learning from in-house and business partner training
- Work well as part of a team to ensure an efficient operation within the branch
Who we’re looking for:
- Travel Agency experience would be ideal, but is not essential
- Strong geographical knowledge is a must
- Sales driven, with experience of working towards set targets
- A genuine passion for travel and it’s ever changing landscape.
- A desire to embrace new customer travel trends and an understanding of the impact of Global events on how people travel.
- A tenacious, positive and driven individual with a proven track record of reaching and exceeding personal targets
- Flexibility to work within changeable or reactive situations
- Commercial awareness, with an eye for detail, opportunity and keeping up to date with competitor activity and new products in the market
- Strong communication skills – the ability to be able to adapt and communicate confidently with colleagues and customers in all situations. Excellent spelling and written skills a must.
- Competitive Salary
- Holiday Discounts
- Educational visits
- Personal Development
This is an exciting opportunity to join an award-winning travel business, with an established reputation in the region and a fantastic, welcoming team.
To apply, send your CV to Nikki.email@example.com letting us know why you think you are the perfect candidate for this role.
About Newell’s Travel
Award winning, travel agents, Newell’s TRAVEL continuously strive to inspire the county’s travellers in the world of travel.
Established in 1962 with a single branch in Falmouth, Newell’s TRAVEL has gradually expanded over nearly 60 years to become Devon & Cornwall’s largest independent travel agency group. From these humble beginnings how we have grown!
Now Newell’s TRAVEL Limited has 11 retail branches across Cornwall and into Devon and a Business Travel Department.
As members of Worldchoice, a nationwide consortium of like-minded travel professionals, Newell’s TRAVEL has the buying power to match any prices on the High Street and, indeed, also regularly beat internet prices.
Our company values are: Supportive, Target Focussed, Entrepreneurial and Passionate (STEPs). We recruit and are recognised and rewarded against these values.